View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #73 (permalink)
turbovr41991
Master EcoModder

Civic CX/HX - '97 Honda Civic CX/HX
Team Honda
90 day: 63.77 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakins View Post
So what's the secret?
I installed my front bumper skirt and lawn edging again which helped reduced the high speed drag. But I think it is more that I am just learning how to deal with a picky the car. 5-10 minutes into a drive when the engine just hits full temp the car will try to go into lean burn at low RPMs. Once in and I maintain LOD (engine load) under 90, TPS (throttle position sensor) under 30 and RPMs over 1900 (I try my best to keep over 2k just to be safe though.) Once Ido this and get into lean burn, I can maintain in lean burn at low RPMs for 200+ miles. In my normal commute, it would kick out due to traffic. It is very rare for me to have an open stretch of road to maintain 60 mph for a long period of time. Also, knowing that if i kick out, it owuld not aloow me to reenter at low RPM, I was sure to anticipate hills and get up to 2200 or 2300 rpms before large hills.

There is still a problem limiting it from re-entering once the engine is warm, but this at least shows what it is capable of on a long trip if I can hold and maintain lean burn.

Last edited by turbovr41991; 10-15-2012 at 09:09 PM..