View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
turbovr41991
Master EcoModder

Civic CX/HX - '97 Honda Civic CX/HX
Team Honda
90 day: 63.77 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyCorky View Post
i've cleaned out the EGR, it was pretty clean when i was in there. I did not remove the whole fuel rail tho - however I doubt that is the problem, considering how clean it was around the EGR itself
My EGR was pretty clean too, but inside that chamber under the fuel rail was COMPLETELY clogged. Man it was clogged up. Here is my cleaning link:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...-hx-22824.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyCorky View Post
UPDATE: on my way to work today I was *somehow* able to keep it in lean burn for a good couple minutes. the motor was semi-cold (not fully warm, about 4 minutes from startup time) when i was able to achieve this. However, as the motor warmed up more (about 20 minutes from start up), i was unable to get it into lean burn for more than a few seconds..... WTF is going on!? is the CA ECU screwing me?
My car pops right into low RPM lean burn on a semi “cold” engine. Depending on where I am and what I am doing it is normally about 5 minutes into the drive or so. After warm, try going to 2400-2550 rpms with TPS at 19 and LOD 65 or less. I get right back in instantly, but need to maintain 2350+ rpms or so to stay in lean burn.
There is a lot of learning to driving with lean burn. Keep trying new things and you will get the hang of it.