View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyCorky View Post
i've cleaned out the EGR, it was pretty clean when i was in there. I did not remove the whole fuel rail tho - however I doubt that is the problem, considering how clean it was around the EGR itself

UPDATE: on my way to work today I was *somehow* able to keep it in lean burn for a good couple minutes. the motor was semi-cold (not fully warm, about 4 minutes from startup time) when i was able to achieve this. However, as the motor warmed up more (about 20 minutes from start up), i was unable to get it into lean burn for more than a few seconds..... WTF is going on!? is the CA ECU screwing me?

granted, for the couple minutes that I was able to keep it in lean burn - i got VERY good *instantious* mileage, like a good 8mpg more than i would normally get during that section of my commute.
My Civic (7th gen) is also a Cali Civic and has lean burn. It took me a little while to get the hang of it, but now I can keep it in LB for nearly all of the 18 mile highway portion of my morning commute (it usually blips out for a couple seconds 2-3 times).

I watch TPS% on my ultragauge and changes in TPS must be VERY slow (less than 1% change per second) or it kicks me out of LB. Doing this, I can accelerate and get TPS up to as much as 29%, or slowly slow down.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods
The Following User Says Thank You to darcane For This Useful Post:
SpeedyCorky (10-17-2012)