View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #73 (permalink)
Slow_s10
Super Lurker!

Rusty - '88 Chevrolet S10 base
90 day: 23.72 mpg (US)

Doc - '08 Honda Civic EX-L
90 day: 29.6 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
I think those 2 trucks look quite nice myself. I think a more "extreme" drop is what was in mind in the original posts - the ones where putting a sheet of paper in the back would result in a scraped exhaust or sump.
Well first of all thank you, but for what it's worth both of my trucks were about as low as you could drop them with off the shelf parts. If you want go go any lower you almost have to use some kind of adjustable suspension. The vast majority of trucks that are lower are running air ride suspension and they can raise them up if necessary. I don't care if people don't like the style of these trucks, and everyone absolutely has a right to their own opinion, but I am just trying to debunk the idea that these trucks are no longer useful when modified or lowered.

Here are some more "ugly" trucks for everyone's perusal...

Oh and for what it's worth in the future I'm also planning on installing air ride on my truck... and it will absolutely still be a truck and I will still haul stuff with it.

Like I said before if you don't like the style of our trucks that's fine because I'm certainly not going to hold a gun to anyone's head and make them drive one. We build them for ourselves I just hate the stereotypical comments that we always get like "you should have just bought a car," "you ruined that truck and it's usless now" or "it can't even make it over a speedbump." Also people think, or sometimes even out right tell us that we waste money on our trucks by building them this way, but the truth is everyone has hobbies, and this is ours. I don't fish, or bowl, or scuba dive, or build model airplanes, or collect spoons, or play video games or go to the movies, go hunting, or play golf, or travel the country, or do any of a zillion other hobbies that people have. For me this is it, I'm a car guy. I build my trucks this way because this is my style and it's what I enjoy doing. If you don't like my truck that's fine but don't tell me it's useless or I should have just bought a car.