View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 03:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
The Chevrolet Spark is better-looking
(please note sarc following)

Eh ? We are talking about the same Spark - this one, drawn by a small child with a Transformers fixation ? The one that looks like someone grafted the front end of a Cruze onto the body of a Matiz ?

vs. this chariot of the gods styled by the finest minds in Asia ?

(also available as a Nissan and with the steering wheel incorrectly placed)

/sarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
But the 3-cyl Suzuki engine seems to be a good option, delivering the same power 200RPM below the Spark's 4-cyl 1.0L engine peak power, altough delivers 3Nm less peak torque, but doing so 1300RPM below the Spark's peak torque, might actually be more pleasurable for city traffic.
The Spark could really do with new engines, both the 1.0 and 1.2 are a little long in the tooth for the small car market. Surprised they didn't use the Corsa 12v 1.0 ecoFlex engine - it is wasted in the Corsa but might work better in the Spark.

I seem to remember when Daihatsu started pushing the idea of a 3-pot in the old Charade (including a 1.0 Turbo Diesel - 47hp - form an orderly queue ladies and gents) their reasoning was a cylinder size of around 330-350cc which they had researched as being the optimum for a 4 stroke petrol. It was in the magazines at the time anyway. The 1.0 1KR-FE used in George is a Daihatsu unit.