View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #59 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrich67 View Post
Just got 38.9 mpg on this last tank. This is my first 1/2 tank with the ultra-gauge
The gauge read 41 average mpg
A 14% improvement and an extra 5 mpg from your previous high. Pretty good for the first post-gauge tank. That's a rate of about an extra 50-60 miles per tank, or maybe $5-$6 per tank. At this rate, in ten or twelve tanks, the UG pays for itself. But chances are you'll do even better in future.

Make sure to calibrate the fuel usage when you fill up. Just go into calibration fuel and set the fuel usage to what is shown on the pump. Once calibrated, if you keep returning to the same pump for fill-ups, you'll get less noise in the UG's data compared to the pump.

j
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.