View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnemy View Post
Charlie: It would be nice if they would, but the only persons actions he has control over is his own. Driving 10 under on a relatively buisy road that can be hazardous to pass is causing a hazard. 5 under isn't so bad, but it can still be irritating to others. Some will tailgate no matter how fast he is driving and there is nothing practical other than letting them by or getting out of their way that will aleviate that fact. This isn't an ideal world, and expecting people to do what you expect or what they should do just isn't going to happen.

Not too long ago I had a bad tailgater we were doing just under to just above the speed limit on a windy mountain road. As soon as I could I got out of the way and let them by. Less than 1 mile later they got pulled over, we had a good laugh at their expense.

I agree, just wish more would pass when they is 1 mile + of no traffic lol.

The only time I had something like that happen is when I was behind a van going slow (b4 ecomodder days, so probably 50-55mph) and the guy behind us couldn't wait the 1/2 mile to pass, so they passed in the left turn lane in a school zone and probably was speeding. Well, the one behind them passed as well, after they both got buy everyone.... lights came on and we had fun passing them .