View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostalot717 View Post
seen and glanced through your post. Maybe you can answer this question, since you have played the same game.

From what i seen you used aero mods to get you mpg's up. Does your truck have any changes in the engine performance category? (intake, exhaust, tune, etc.)

I guess my big question for myself and maybe you too is; is a higher mpg attainablewith our trucks by throwing the whole shebang at it? ( aero and engine performance)

the highway i drive is constantley large rolling ridges so i believe that i would benefit from some extra hp/tq. Just my thoughts
No engine mods, that's all stock.

I had planned a BlackBear tune and e-fan conversion, but never got there. "Extra hp/torque" is hardly needed for highway commuting, any engine tuning/mods should be leaning out cruise mixtures and reducing parasitic drag. Modifying your intake and exhaust is all well and good for auditory satisfaction, but neither is causing a meaningful restriction at cruising RPMs and will likely have no positive effect on mpgs.

Also, my commute is about half highway and half city. I could probably do a little better with just highway driving, but I only did that when I pulled a trailer. The only highway data I have is the highway leg of my commute, and it's a little hard to be accurately determine mileage with such a short distance.

The best bang for the buck was the Ultragauge. Instant feedback really improves your driving habits if you pay attention to it.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods