View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #82 (permalink)
cbaker
newevr

OK, i finally got the new charger, dc converter, and paktrakr installed. Much better battery performance with the new charger. I got confused with a step in the change out and called support with miles and got a really nice and experienced guy on the phone. The new charger just does the 6 traction batteries, and the converter stays on all the time. Seems strange but it's working. The paktrakr shows 2 batteries below the other 4. I must have damaged them more than the others by demanding more than I should. I keep a close eye on that ammeter now. My trip capacity has gone down. When these were new I could easily get 30 miles now about 20. I can charge at work now that it's cooler. I experimenting with one of the old batteries in the spot of the new weaker one this weekend, just to see if it makes a difference. The tranny makes this medium speed thing very doable if I can just keep from putting too great a load on the batteries. This new charger has several different profiles so I need to get more informed on battery options.