View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
turbovr41991
Master EcoModder

Civic CX/HX - '97 Honda Civic CX/HX
Team Honda
90 day: 63.77 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen View Post
***NEW*** we will also have Tuned ECU's for Civic HX models to drastically increase Lean Burn capability, and to aid in hypermiling and MPG savings.
Looking forward to the ECU tuning on the HX!!!
Good luck with your development and testing. I know several people who have paid $4000+ for a low mileage/rust free VX. If your prototypes are able to achieve the same or better results in a newer generation car, you should have a winning combination that will sell well. You could even offer 4 door models which were never offered with a lean burn feature to be more family friendly! i personally would be interested in one of those. Especially a 99-2000 EX sedan! That would be sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Well this is a good option for people who don't have a garage stuffed full of all manor of tools.
I can see plug and play eco modded ECUs being popular.
It is also appealing to people who value their time. I have a garage full of tools and have I swapped the engine and trans in my civic (as well as many other cars), but would not be opposed to spending 5k on a car with only 40-60k miles that can reliably get proven 50 – 70 mpg. If they get the results they are expecting, there will be a lot more interest in this topic.