View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #45 (permalink)
turbovr41991
Master EcoModder

Civic CX/HX - '97 Honda Civic CX/HX
Team Honda
90 day: 63.77 mpg (US)
Congrats on the ultragauge purchase. I really like being able to monitor the engine parameters. Granted I really like having an MPGiuno too. For me I had the scangauge first and then expanded to having the MPGuino too. Basically the fuel savings I got from the scangauge paid for itself, and then paid for the MPGuino for even more monitoring and savings. If you need more reasons to justify it, now you are the go to person to turn off pesky check engine lights in cars now. I just cleared a code from a coworker today. lol!

Everyone is going to feel it differently. Not to mention peoples cars are going to have slight differences. With MMO I can get into lower RPM lean burn. My most recent fill up I did not add MMO, and guess what. I can only lean burn for any solid length of time above 2400 rpm.

I really wish I could have drove one of these cars when there were new to know what they were really supposed to be like. Instead, we are all stuck spending $2-4k on these 10+ year old used cars and trying to compare them to each other to find out what they SHOULD be like. We will get it though. With all this interest we will get it and perfect it!