View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 11:05 AM   #76 (permalink)
steensn
EcoModding Lurker

The Hulk - '96 Ford Aspire Base
90 day: 51.64 mpg (US)

Black Hole - '06 Kia Rio LX
90 day: 39.16 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to steensn
If there is "no scientific test" without any other variables, then you can't claim it either way, IMO. You can't sayit doesn't, you can't say it does work, from a scientific standpoint because you cannot prove it. What you can do though is come to a very "good" conclusion by setting up the test to minimize the variables in the test.

I think that trikkonceptz did a very good job of trying to eliminate these vairables. You can eliminate the variables in one of two ways, keep them constant in all test by driving under the same conditions.. OR you can drive through all the conditions and keep a good record of the variables to link them back to the data.

The sheer number of miles and fill-ups on the car is a great indicator that volume data can overcome the variable issue. 5 tanks is pretty good, but I wold like to see basic conditions. Average speed seemed to be a good indication of traffic, but what about the wind? I think the data taken can be used to stamp it as "plausable," but not diffinitive.

2006 Kia Rio

1996 Ford Aspire