View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
nbleak21
Adventurist!

CLaero - '97 Acura CL Premium
90 day: 34.59 mpg (US)

CR-v - '03 Honda CR-V EX
Team Honda
90 day: 26.52 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucepick View Post
nbleak21,

Please give us the location for the source if that information. Qty of AGM cells and AH, temperature testing, etc. I didn't run across that info on the ECA Systems site, though it could be there.
This is all information gathered from watching the videos on the website:

AGM cells were used in the initial testing video (4-34ah AGMs in series at 48v = dubbing 8 required to near the 100v required for 8000w output)

Temp testing also found between two different videos on there related to that.

Quote:
I think a 20 minute duration of assist could be fine because in most driving the system will oscillate between assist and charge modes due to vehicle speed changes and braking events. You only would need a much longer assist if recharging from a wall outlet and intending to use assist mode full time or nearly full time.
If the system had regen capabilities then yes, I'd see that as somewhat more reasonable, but the lack of mentioning any sort of regen makes me think it doesn't. So, how often are you going to be heading somewhere that you only will utilize 20mi of ECA between charges? most peoples' daily commutes involve stop and go or rush hr traffic, saving cruise for longer trips generally speaking. (Unless your commute is 120-240mi a day like myself lol)

Personally, I'd rather see a design that assists based on TPS and RPM then Cruise. something along the lines of engagement 5 - 20% throttle, Charge at 0% (during deceleration) with a charge cutoff below 1k rpms (stop lights ect)

This would enable use throughout the driving range (acceleration, cruise, etc) except under hard acceleration/ heavy loade, in which it could switch back into regen mode if possible.