View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 02:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Took this route for the trip in to work... netted 45.1mpg. That is with 0% EOC except into the parking lot. Since the car cuts off the injectors when I coast... I tried Engine ON coasting a bit on the bad back roads where 45mph is a bit too fast (limit is 55 lol), got going 40mph and coasted down to 30mpg. Scan gauge was slowly going up per coast most of the time. Out of the entire trip directly though town... only 3 lights function, rest are blinking yellow, and of course I hit EVERY ONE red.... Yesterday in the day time, I only hit 2-3 reds out of the ~12 lights... seems like they were the same ones from my memory!

I must say... the STRESS levels are MUCH lower with this route. I had maybe 2 cars pass me, and that was right in the middle of town (2 lanes per side of road). Normal day to work I have ~5-8 cars pass me, and probably 1 in 10 tailgate pretty bad besides the bright lights (mainly trucks, suvs, and mini vans/vans.... the smaller cars just pass... lol)

I feel like I'm relearning my car since I always thought an auto wouldn't benefit much from the P&G with out killing the engine. I guess ~75% load take off + engine brake > steady speed under 45mph as of my tests so far...

I REALLY need to find a different road by my work, about 3 miles is dirt and it is in BAD shape. Oh and my GPS keeps telling me to take a closed road lol (to and from I hit the same road!)

Best part about the ride in... time wasn't much different than my normal drive. I left ~15 mins early, and showed up around 10 mins earlier than I normaly do (with around 6 mins buffer)

Current goal.... BEAT my current best trip mpg average to/from work! I set them numbers in the summer at the hotest point lol! I already beat that average yesterday on a ~3 mile run with a warm engine, but I don't count it as a legit "trip" since to the location was 38mpg and the way back was 55mpg (P&G testing) ^.^.

Last edited by ps2fixer; 11-06-2012 at 01:00 AM..