View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #41 (permalink)
campisi
Chief Cook & Bottlewasher

Xterra - '13 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
90 day: 19.12 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
Both ideas are the same, getting a camera in the car , just both are different ways of doing it.

@campisi

I pull off the road for semis, and drive faster than my wanted speed (50mph instead of 45mph were my best mileage is). If it is really foggy or heavy rain I travel at 55mph to imitate the "average" speed that most people should be going, and the fact viability is low and passing is really a large risk. Of course if it is really bad, I'll go at a speed I feel safe traveling.

If I was being an "ahole" about it, I wouldn't keep a solid speed while driving, ride on or over the center line, race the person when they pass, and basically try to cause an accident.
Forgot I posted on this thread.

ps2fixer - I didn't mean to call you an ahole, it's just how I feel if I am holding up people (who may or may not have a very valid reason for driving quicker than I do) if there is no way around me. I will sacrifice a couple mpg for 10minutes or whatever until it is safe and socially harmonious for me to get my max mpg. That is all.
Also, in my experience it is very rare that other drivers purposefully try to annoy me or come close to me when they pass. There are those occasions but I ignore those people.