Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #41 (permalink)
Chief Cook & Bottlewasher

Xterra - '13 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
90 day: 19.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
Both ideas are the same, getting a camera in the car , just both are different ways of doing it.

@campisi

I pull off the road for semis, and drive faster than my wanted speed (50mph instead of 45mph were my best mileage is). If it is really foggy or heavy rain I travel at 55mph to imitate the "average" speed that most people should be going, and the fact viability is low and passing is really a large risk. Of course if it is really bad, I'll go at a speed I feel safe traveling.

If I was being an "ahole" about it, I wouldn't keep a solid speed while driving, ride on or over the center line, race the person when they pass, and basically try to cause an accident.
Forgot I posted on this thread.

ps2fixer - I didn't mean to call you an ahole, it's just how I feel if I am holding up people (who may or may not have a very valid reason for driving quicker than I do) if there is no way around me. I will sacrifice a couple mpg for 10minutes or whatever until it is safe and socially harmonious for me to get my max mpg. That is all.
Also, in my experience it is very rare that other drivers purposefully try to annoy me or come close to me when they pass. There are those occasions but I ignore those people.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #42 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,120 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven7 View Post
Someone, do this!
There is a guy here with a 1st gen. Insight that has an LED display in his back window.

IIRC That sort of thing is illegal.

Something like this sticker would grab at their ego and cause them to pass you.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #43 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

RV - '88 Dodge Ram Van B250 RV Conversion
Last 3: 15.03 mpg (US)
Depends on vehicle I'm driving

On my motorcycles I'm paranoid of tailgaters
In the car I watch out for them
In my 18K lb. 45' RV F*** them!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #44 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
You know what would be cool? A great safety feature would be a proximity warning system. A rear facing strobe connected to one of those backup assist sensors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 11-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #45 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
You know what would be cool? A great safety feature would be a proximity warning system. A rear facing strobe connected to one of those backup assist sensors.
or a 5kw laser pointed at their engine block

@campisi

no offence taken

@cd

don't really understand why that is. As long as the lights are red and facing the rear, I never heard there being problems unless they are flashing or overly bright. Which law does it relate to, I'm just curious.

I got my two cameras in today for my "car dvr". Basically they are a flashlight husing with an "ok" camera inside. Auto records when it receves power, and auto stops when you take the power away. It completely sucks at night, but 99% of my problems are day time except for those that can't get off their bright lights... I have a project for that too.... but probably wouldn't look good to an officer, by default... that will be disabled .

If anyone is interested in what I bought for the camera, here is a good honest review on it. I have not seen any video issues like he had though besides the darkness at night, and setting the time was quite confusing... the file dissapears when you reboot the camera lol.

Once I get a fun collection of today's great drivers and risk takers, I might make a youtube channel for it, not sure....

Reply  Post New Thread