View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rex Hooligan
EcoModding Lurker

I have a ScanGage E installed and I have been logging my MPGs since tank #1 when it was new. It is really nice to get that feed back instantly. I'm up about 4mpgs over my normal "done nothing" average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbleak21 View Post
Another vote here for an engine monitor! My personal preference is running the torque app. (You need an obd2 Bluetooth adapter ($25 on amazon) and an android enabled device (cell phone or tablet that has Bluetooth)

I'm running torque on a nexus seven and love the engine stat real estate!

I have been looking into a matrix/vibe as a replacement to my quad cab. What reasons did you go with the larger engine/auto trans, and what kind of mileage are you currently getting out of it? I only ask because I haven't decided what route I want to go.
I went with the 2.4 as I pull a small trailer with a motorcycle on it from time to time. I have two kids and family out of town also. The the bigger engine helps out from time to time. I've been watching my MPGs since I got it new in 06/2011 and I got 25-27 combined, HY I was getting ~30-31. After I installed the SG I've improved the combined by 4mpgs and the HY is up to 33-34MPGs now. Driving style matters more than I imagined! I have a lot of potential that I see after reading what you folks are doing here.

I do like my Matrix - no complaint at all. It isn't fancy and it suits my needs without expensive extras I don't really need. It just works...kinda like my last car (Toyota Camry).