View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #45 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
You know what would be cool? A great safety feature would be a proximity warning system. A rear facing strobe connected to one of those backup assist sensors.
or a 5kw laser pointed at their engine block

@campisi

no offence taken

@cd

don't really understand why that is. As long as the lights are red and facing the rear, I never heard there being problems unless they are flashing or overly bright. Which law does it relate to, I'm just curious.

I got my two cameras in today for my "car dvr". Basically they are a flashlight husing with an "ok" camera inside. Auto records when it receves power, and auto stops when you take the power away. It completely sucks at night, but 99% of my problems are day time except for those that can't get off their bright lights... I have a project for that too.... but probably wouldn't look good to an officer, by default... that will be disabled .

If anyone is interested in what I bought for the camera, here is a good honest review on it. I have not seen any video issues like he had though besides the darkness at night, and setting the time was quite confusing... the file dissapears when you reboot the camera lol.

Once I get a fun collection of today's great drivers and risk takers, I might make a youtube channel for it, not sure....