View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #49 (permalink)
3-Wheeler
Master EcoModder

AlienMobile - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
90 day: 80.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Or are you just talking about a once in a while short duration average on your computer?
The 130 mpg is over a 35 mile trip home from work, in the summer time, over rolling hills and flat roads mixed in. I use EOC wherever possible too.

Quote:
.... Your numbers are way off somewhere.
Check my "tank" averages. Over 1000 miles on a 10 gallon tank. Over multiple ocassions during the warmer months. This is verified by the pump at fill-up.

Quote:
.... The highest verified in competition fuel economy I have ever read about is a MIMA Insight with twin batteries where he got 98 mpg at 50 mph for 200 miles....
Sounds like an echo in here, as this is exactly what multiple other Insight drivers get at a constant speed on the highway at 55 mph.

It makes a huge difference on what the terrain is like, how familiar the driver is with it, air temperature, and so on.

Remember, each of us knows our work route like the back of our hand and can maximize the fuel economy over this distance if we really want to.

It takes me a little over an hour to drive 35 miles. I get up early to arrive at work on time.

Jim.

Last edited by 3-Wheeler; 12-02-2012 at 10:31 PM..