View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
MickZ
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flakbadger View Post
My $0.02, I don't think it's worth it... being that engine and transmission rebuilds are $$$ (and with 280k miles on it you don't know what kind of shape the trans is in), plus the body's got some rust and that will only get worse as time goes on. If you factor in all the work you'll have to do it's not worth it.

Unless you're specifically looking for a project to keep you busy and don't mind driving something around that you constantly have to worry over it breaking down, I'd avoid this and get something that costs a bit more but won't require as much time and money. That's what I did when I traded in my pickup.

Either way keep us updated! Cheers.
Thank you for being a voice of reason on this huge "question mark" purchase! I was very skeptical myself and your post just confirms my skepticism. This car seems a gamble at best..

I'll keep you all updated as I have a line on a 91' now with no A/C (kinda sad about that) but otherwise has a newer HF motor bearing 90k and a solidly rebuilt transmission for $2500. Why do these finds have to be across the country though