View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #71 (permalink)
Hilly-Billy-13
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly-Billy-13 View Post
rodeo1314
The Futerlec & most low cost fuel flow sensors use a digital output "Hall Effect" sensor. They're defined as an open collector output, what this means is the 3 wires are hooked up as follows Red goes to the positive side supply, if your using a Arduino or similar, use 5 Volts, the Black goes to the minus side of your supply. The you need a resistor between the positive side of the supply and the white wire which is your output. I've seen values from 10 K on down, some arduino pins have a pullup resistor as an option. I haven't received my sensors yet so I can't say for certain what value of resistor is needed.
Bill

Oh yes back in the mid to late 70's & early 80's I did some work on Dyno instrumentation I wish I'd had access to the sensors we can get now.
I got my sensors, they changed the wiring, the White wire is now Brown, I'm hopping to hook up 1 in the return line with a counter to see how many counts per minute I get when idling. I haven't came up with w good mounting bracket yet for them.
Bill