View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
steve05ram360
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
No offense, but those graphs don't anything about fuel efficiency. They prove you can increase midrange power which we should know is definitely possible. There is no mention of any fuel economy testing, and more midrange power doesn't mean better efficiency.
no offense taken, I disagree... the OP has a tank as his primary ride and uses it for towing. I also had a tank that was my primary ride and it did improve economy on that truck. Back then however I never logged the mpg data, I checked it with every fill up so I know it worked. The dyno sheet does show low end for that particular motor since at cruising speeds your at 2700~2800 rpms IIRC. Since every motor is different, mods would need to be tried on the motor to see it's effects. EVERY motor I've done this mod to has shown a performance benefit in the low-mid range, enough so that I could easily feel it with the calibrated butt dyno (includes 2 bmw's, audi, vw & the ram). I just decided to go see it's effects on a stock motor.

These days I'm focusing on 100% fuel economy. Since my motor has 650~700 ft lbs of torque the grin factor comes in play at the pump. Truck weighs 6900 lbs stock, probably is sitting around 7100 in its current config and gets darn close to 20 mpg (which is the goal). The company that produces the programmer I have just released a nice feature which allows users to write their own programs which will be a fun project to tackle...