View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #529 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
No, I haven't posted a serious reply. I think it would be better if something was built and brought to you to test. You seem to have a graduate level understanding of combustion theory - chemical kinematics and branching and such. So you would be well placed to test such combustion engines. Of course, if such engine gained even a fraction of a percent in efficiency, you would have to report as such. And since you used the word "NEVER", you would have to leave yourself discredited on these forums. Are you willing to take such a challenge? I am willing. We could run the buildup over the winter and build up the drama. All the HHO "Nuts" against you the "Sheriff of Science". Meet on the 4th of July, at high noon in your neck of the woods.
In one hundred years of internal combustion history, that challenge has been extended to HHO proponents and never met. Good luck with that. And please go ahead and discredit me, and thermodynamics as well, it would be an honor -- that is what the scientific method is all about.

However, if you cannot see how basic energy conversion concepts govern your experiments, you will be at a disadvantage in controlling your experiments and understanding what helps or hurts fuel mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
Let's have an Ecomodder meet where HHO aficionados as well as other Modders meet for a weekend where they are tested and timed over a closed loop. GPS distance and fuel is measured via weight. Our own mini Xprize get-together if you will. And we can run it in an orderly fashion.
Sounds good to me.