View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #49 (permalink)
namenerb
EcoModding Lurker

I'm trying to attach a pic of an F1 prototype. There are elements of it that I'd like to incorporate in my body design. Front suspension- double a-arm with inboard inline shocks-probably air ride. Like the Aptera, I would like the front end to bolt up to the front of the body. They had some angle to the mounting surface so that in a major impact, the body would tend to detach and go upward. Initially, I am open to almost any powerplant but would prefer to keep the nose cone as narrow as possible. My preference on the body would be a double wall monocoque but would like to still have functional doors and fully enclosed compartment. The rear airfoil would be somewhat near the Aptera back end. The F1 front lower wing would have a matching upper wing. The wings would match the a-arm profile and reduce wind drag while adding support to the fender airfoils. On the F! front wheel airform... I would also to the rear of the tires and blend that toward the body to push air in toward the rear of the car, reducing vacuum there. I would love to get an initial rendering in Solidworks, but time is not my friend. First drive is to get the mule on the road, then refine each component, possibly selling prototypes instead of replacing sections. I appreciate all the responses and would be glad to keep anything I do as open source for all. Tom, I do intend 100% body skin, and Freebeard, I will contact the guy with Blackjack.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F1 Prototype design-downsized.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	12097  
The Following User Says Thank You to namenerb For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (12-21-2012)