View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #83 (permalink)
cbaker
newevr

Well I hope this is the last post on this upgrade. The tranny trade out got me to medium speed. It's too easy to blow up the batteries without monitering the amperage, which I probably did before I was able to get the ammeter and put it in. The local battery shop I bought the batteries covered the 2 I damaged under warrenty even though I let them know it was probably my own fault, so I'm back up to over 30 miles on a charge. The voltmeter on the paktrakr is great and blows the one on the miles away. There is quite often a 5 volt difference or more if I'm on my daily run, so keeping an eye on the miles voltmeter is not enough. Several weeks ago I noticed a small leak in the gear oil seal. I ordered a main round seal for the Charade but it was too small. The mechanic that helps me just measured with a caliper and found a replacement that worked. I'm interested to see how these batteries hold up. The Delta Q unit has several different charging algorithm settings. It came set on one that is named " Concorde 10xAh AGM " that seems to work well, but since my Powersonic batteries are a replacement for the vision 150 agm's I tried switching to the one labeled Discover 75-150ah. I was able to moniter it and it quickly started overcharging so I changed back to the original setting. 2-5 rest at 13.2 and 1 and 6 rest at 13.3.

observations:
I still have to slow down on steep grades to around 20mph to keep the amps down to 100 or so.
Rmay is a genius!