View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #563 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
They do not show fuel savings but certainly indicate in one case the emission reduction.
Look more carefully at what is actually being shown and what is not.

They showed a reduction in two specific emissions ... and showed you nothing about any of the other types of emissions... the only 2 they showed are opacity ( smoke ) , and CO2... I did not see any other emissions test results being posted at all.

As I already posted previously you have to be more specific about what emissions.

What happened to the NOx emission? ... I didn't see them testing it at all.
What happened to the CO emissions? ... I didn't see them testing it at all.
etc... etc.

Quote:
For what its worth, my experience is cleaner exhaust, much more power.
Unless your experience includes instrumentation that can actually measure these other known harmful emissions ... sorry not good enough.

Quote:
As far as the fuel savings go, after a very small test I feel safe to say that maybe up to 30% savings will be achieved. I run a 1991 Toyota Hiace 2,4ltr turbo diesel. I don't have much opportunity to get a clear shot a highway driving and these vehicles are guzzlers around town.
Cheers
Gus
I know you've claimed this ... more than once ... and I'm still waiting for you to answer some questions you haven't got around to yet.

The two biggest yet missing pieces are:

#1> Tell me how you quantified / measured the amount of fuel used during your short test run?

#2> How did you measure the distance?

My 3rd I'd like to know is if the two different trips were driven in the same amount of time? ( ie how similar was the average speed )

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
However, the speed of the hydrogen flame is not the fulcrum as the mass ratio of H2 that can be added via electrolysis is far below the lower flammability limit (LFL) of hydrogen. I surmise the H2 acts as a reactant that changes the fuel mix properties.
If it is bellow the LFL than the H is not burning / reacting with the air.

What chemical reaction do you think the injected H is going to have with the fuel? ... If you're too lean to react with the air ... the only other thing to react with in the combustion chamber is the fuel... so what reaction with the fuel are you expecting?

Also ... how lean are you planning to run the engine? ... you have the stoich air for the fuel's A:F ... and as lean as 25 more parts of air for each part of Hydrogen for the hydrogen to burn ... but you're saying you will be too lean for the hydrogen.