View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 07:32 AM   #34 (permalink)
88CRX
EcoModding Apprentice

88CRX - '88 Honda CRX Standard DX
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IS250 - '07 Lexus IS250
90 day: 25.79 mpg (US)

RX300 - '00 Lexus RX300
90 day: 18.38 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
88CRX -

110% agreement here. For HHO to work, the car must be reconfigured for lean burn. That's one of the reasons it's a PITA to make work. A diesel engine likes to "go-lean" by design, so it is a better ICE for the job.

I have an HHO generator from www.hydrogen-boost.com. just like Daox says, I haven't had any results. However, I have not been willing to implement all the mods required for "the system" to work. This includes MAP and 02 sensor spoofs, and a fuel heater (using waste heat from engine coolant).

If I had to do it all over again, I would seriously *consider* this gizmo :

HydranOx - $400
http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/hydro...x/hydranox.php

The reason I am curious about it is that it *claims* to separate the H2 from the 02. If the gizmo is only sending H2 into the air intake, this would remove the need to modify the 02 sensor, which I like, . But, I wouldn't pump the 02 into the cabin of the car, that's for sure.

I am not saying that the above gizmo is not a scam, I am just saying that it claims to solve an existing deficiency with HHO designs.

CarloSW2
So you have an HHO in your car now. no differences huh... how much did it cost?

I believe that there might be merit, but only certain cars.

It would seem like something free for nothing, but i reality you have to check it often put water, clean etc. so it does not end up free...