View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
trikkonceptz -

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikkonceptz View Post
Believe me its not for me ... my dealership is going to invest in it as a distributor, with an installed price of $1799 We have the demand for it already, I just wanted some fresh eyes to look it over in case there was something I missed. It looks and sound theoretically possible and they have done a butload of research to make sure it generates the proper amount of gas and such.

I just figured if anyone could find flaws in this we could .. LOL
I did some more reading but I don't understand parts of it. There is no traditional catalyst, just mineral water :

Gerolsteiner Spring Water - Sparkling
http://www.finewaters.com/Bottled_Wa...rolsteiner.asp
Code:
Gerolsteiner Analysis BOTTLED WATER ANALYSIS:
milligrams per liter (mg/l)
2527 	TDS 	
	ph factor 	
347 	Calcium 	
39.7 	Chlorides 	
0.21 	Fluordine 	
1817 	Bicarbonate - See (1) below
108 	Magnesium 	
0.4 	Maganese 	
5.1 	Nitrate 	
10.8 	Potassium 	
40.2 	Silica 	
119 	Sodium 	
2.9 	Stroncium 	
36.3 	Sulphates
After initially charging the system with mineral water, you switch to distilled water. Usually, for the system "to work", I would think they must have a (nasty) catalyst. Because of this my vivid imagination makes me think that they have done something exotic with the interior metal conduction plates (which have to be there), but I have no proof. They are claiming stainless steel, but that doesn't seem enough to me :

(Technology Tab)
http://hydro4000.com/technology.htm
Quote:
... For example, using iron electrodes in an electrolyte solution will produce iron oxide at the anode, which will react to form iron hydroxide. When producing large quantities of hydrogen, this can significantly contaminate the electrolytic cell reducing its hydrogen output. This is why our HYDRO-4000 is made entirely of stainless steel.
(1) I noticed the Bicarbonate component to the mineral water. For some HHO generators, people have claimed that bicarbonate soda (Arm & Hammer) would work as a catalyst. Others have said this is a bogus catalyst.

I am expecting a "catch can" to catch the H2 and 02 that reforms back into liquid, but it isn't there. Also, If they are adding 02 to the air intake without separating it, they need to modify the 02 sensor to make sure the ECU/PCM doesn't add more fuel.

It just seems too "simple" to me. To appear this simple up front, I think it should have more explanation as to why it is so simple. The "simplicity" could be a selling point where they say "we have this advantage over our competition, blah blah blah yada yada yada ...", but they don't.

Question: When you interact with them in person, do they give you more information than what is on the website? For example, what happens in a typical installation?

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society

Last edited by cfg83; 06-14-2008 at 01:49 PM..