View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #36 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
88CRX -

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
So you have an HHO in your car now. no differences huh... how much did it cost?

I believe that there might be merit, but only certain cars.

It would seem like something free for nothing, but i reality you have to check it often put water, clean etc. so it does not end up free...
I spent $500 about 2 years ago on a closeout system before he hiked his prices. It came with a scangauge, so I consider the cost to be about $350. I also did the "typical customer thing" and ignored the installation instructions. He told me time and again to install the *whole* system, but I only installed the hydrogen generator. He wanted me to install an 02 and Map sensor spoof, along with a fuel heater, but I didn't.

This summer I will have an EFIE (02 sensor voltage modifier) in place, and a DC motor controller to limit the Amperage (to control HHO production overrun). Still no fuel heater or Map sensor spoof. We'll see what happens.

It's definitely not for free. There is a lot of care and feeding involved. In his newsletter, he even claimed that it's not very efficient for hypermilers because we are driving small displacement vehicles under very low-load conditions. It's more appropriate for vehicles or stationary engines that are "doing work". We Hypermile because we have a choice on how and what we drive. A diesel engine at a worksite has more narrow load usage conditions. A trucker has to haul X-Amount of weight. He/she can't say "I'll haul the load, but you'll have to take everything out of the boxes in order for me to save weight".

This is all my opinion, YOMV.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society