View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
MetroMPG
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
Met with War_Wagon today. He took me to see his secret eco-car stash! Full of 1st gen. Insights, and Metros, and Tercels, and Civics VX's, and 1st gen. Priuses, and minivans (and family sedans) with holy grail 5-speed manual transmissions.

Someone... OK, Frank Lee... once told me that the amount of junk (OK, vehicles in my case) a person collects will always expand to fill the available space. This he prophesied about my workshop. And lo, the prophesy came to pass: I filled the available space with Suzuki-clones.

War_Wagon has a most difficult conundrum: his storage space appears to be kind of unlimited! He sometimes makes half-joking gestures of wearing blinders when we go past vehicles that catch his eye, but which he doesn't yet own.

The vexing part of the story is that these eco-cars represent the bottom of the automotive food chain. Because despite there being many ecomodder types who would otherwise snap up a rust-free example of their favourite 15 or 20 year-old fuel-sipper, geography is cruel: it doesn't really make financial sense to come half-way across the continent for a $1000 car. (Or ship one that far.)

What to do, what to do...
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:
HyperMileQC (01-09-2013)