View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 11:37 PM   #194 (permalink)
ebacherville
Veggiedynamics

Volt12 - '12 Chevy Volt base
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GCRXHF View Post
Just finished reading the thread with enthusiasm...

Just picked up my third 1G, an 85 HF with 102,000 on it. Good to hear the foam/FG works so well, I was planning on using it to replace broken panels for the door panels and rockers (mold straight to the door instead of making a new piece to attach).

I am most likely going to try and make a one piece nose for it as my header panel is garbage. What did you use to mount to the old header panel holes? I'd basically like to pull off the bumper cover (not reinforcement) and use the bumper mounting holes and the header panel mounting holes as my attachment points to the nose.

Some of my thought I didn't see...
There's no way to turn off the fuel pump, its mechanical and driven off a lobe on the cam. I frequently in my other CRX's would just kill the motor, set the key back to ON, and coast down hills, then popped it back into 5th (or whatever was needed) at the bottom and away I go.
The nose is attached to some bolts int he radiator supports on the top and on the sides of the bumper wrap.. i kept the entire front bumpers under there incase i get crap from the "authorities" aka goon squad.. i can then say its meats all crash test standards for its year of production.. and I added saftly crumple zoned front and rear