View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #102 (permalink)
RMM2006HCH
EcoModding Lurker

Does the 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid have a similar DC/DC converter enable wire that is identified in this thread for the earlier Civic? I haven't been able to find a definitive answer from searching if/how the 06 can be driven safely with the HV battery removed.

I ask because I will be removing the battery soon to follow the given procedure for rebalancing the cells using a Super Brain 989, and I know that this process will take over a week.

I would like to analyze the status of my current pack before taking on the expense of a salvage battery for spare cells (145k miles, constant recals from full to empty and back, IMA and Engine lights come and go for the past week, code P0A7F: Hybrid Battery Pack Deterioration).

If I cannot drive safely without the battery or if I have some cells in really bad shape, I'll go buy a salvaged pack ($550), rebalance it, swap it for my current pack, rebalance that one, then take both out and swap the best cells into my case and sell the spare pack.

Anyone know for sure about driving without the battery, or have other advice about this situation?