View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #98 (permalink)
suspectnumber961
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
We have a Unicorn Corral because certain people get their kicks by dumping on any mod where they can come up with an excuse to trash it. Probably as much a personality issue as anything.

My recent experience with installing a cone filter tells me...TRY the various mods in the Corral yourself....some mpg gains might be there....for your particular vehicle.

I'd recommend testing in summer after temps stabilize though...no sense fighting cold and snow.

Though it IS sort of debilitating to argue with the dumpers.....better to ignore them and go ahead and try something?

As far as top lubes go...they are probably less needed with modern gasoline fuel injection where the amount of fuel is well controlled and hopefully is in a fine mist leaning towards vapor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
I truly do not understand why things have to be so contentious. So, either (1) it works to increase gas mileage, or (2) it does not work to increase gas mileage, or (3) it sort of works to increase gas mileage, or (4) it works to increase lubricity, or (5) it does not work to increase lubricity, or (6) it is a good use of a very small amount of money, or (7) it is a waste of a very small amount of money (although I would not think it was a stupid waste of money), or (8) it works sort of like a vitamin (so that immediate results are not evident), or (9) it doesn't work like a vitamin.

Although I use it, and have seen benefits; yes, including increased gas mileage, I do not see this issue as a crisis and do not want to put people down for using it, or not using it.

See how that "just get along" thing works?

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suspectnumber961 For This Useful Post:
RH77 (01-20-2013), WesternStarSCR (01-20-2013)