View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 AM   #33 (permalink)
TheIVJackal
EcoModding Lurker

Buddy - '94 Acura Integra GSR
90 day: 29.89 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbleak21 View Post
Credible answers come from compitent questions, and compitent effort...
Competent*

Sheesh, didn't realize that I would get such backlash from "educated" members here on Ecomodder. I believe I checked the compression years ago and the numbers were a little lower than normal, I get slightly lower MPG than fellow owners of the same vehicle (avg 28-30mpg mixed), I burn a little oil maybe as much as 0.5qt every 5,000 miles.
Original question wasn't intended to be just for my particular vehicle, more of an across the board fix and seeing as I've heard of people using water and other liquids to remove carbon, thought I would ask here. Didn't post it on the other forum I'm a part of because maturity levels seem to be a lot lower there but I'm not sure this place is any better unfortunately If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all...
Again, some say it works and others say it doesn't meaning that there is some disagreement and one must make their own "opinion". All I'm asking is if someone knows for sure if it does or does not work and what the best method is for cleaning carbon out.