View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #36 (permalink)
HilseeJ
EcoModding Lurker

TBA - '07 Honda Fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIVJackal View Post
Competent*

Sheesh, didn't realize that I would get such backlash from "educated" members here on Ecomodder.
Okay, now you're just whining. Sheesh is right.

And no one here claimed to be educated. And you put it in quotes to be an ass.

Quote:
Didn't post it on the other forum I'm a part of because maturity levels seem to be a lot lower there but I'm not sure this place is any better unfortunately
I literally laughed out loud at that.

Quote:
If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all...
It appears that you, yourself, do not subscribe to that philosophy. Why should we?

Quote:
Again, some say it works and others say it doesn't meaning that there is some disagreement and one must make their own "opinion".
Now we're getting somewhere! Yes, "one must make their own opinion." Read the reviews on the products we have suggested, read what we said about these products, and then make your own opinion.

Quote:
All I'm asking is if someone knows for sure if it does or does not work and what the best method is for cleaning carbon out.
And we've answered that question. I've posted reviews on Seafoam earlier in this thread. Most are good, but that bad reviews are the ones that scare me. Hence my apprehension about using it.

There is no absolute truth. If you're going to use a product to clean carbon, I (along with other members) have recommended Seafoam and other various products.

P. S. This is the internet, but the same applies to real life. If you got 10 mechanics to look at your car (which I would actually recommend at this point, although the #10 might be a little high), you would probably get 10 different answers, and 10 different prices. (But don't let them charge you just for looking at it)

Honestly though, I think you just have an older car. These things happen to older cars just like they happen to older people - stuff just doesn't run as smooth as it used to.