View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #193 (permalink)
godscountry
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
I'm pretty confident that one of those Chinese import air cooled engines will suck in sufficient air with it's built in scavenger fan and vent it out the other side . If there is sufficient opening ....and there will be ... under the front of the fairing.The engine will be open to the front wheel enclosure.
Diesel Engine V Twin Yangma | eBay

The calculator at the top of the page gives my design about 1.5 litres / 100 km if the cd is .55 which MIGHT be possible to achieve .A cd of .65 gives 1.77litres / 100km with a 5hp requirement all at 50mph or 80 kmph.
Aerodynamic & rolling resistance, power & MPG calculator - EcoModder.com

Allert's bike would easily achieve his goal of 1litre / 100km if it used a diesel. By my calculation reworked from the data he supplies I calculate he would achieve .8litres per 100km or 300mpg US.
I'm pretty sure he now has achieved the 1litre / 100km ,he posted 235 mpg us,the BMW Simple concept showed 2litre /100km which is about 117mpg us ,it has a cd of 0.18,I'm sure your right,300mpg us is possible.Whats amazing is he still has big improvements he could make.the amount of air getting upset in his wheel opening's,bottom of bike is worth a lot of mpg