View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
plasticuser
EcoModding Lurker

Annette - '04 Ford F150 FX4

Penelope - '08 Mazda CX-7 Sport
90 day: 23.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
The wire you are looking for is located under the drivers side door in the wiring harness against the frame. It will be a green wire with a black cap on it. Snip off the black cap and that is your hot lead for the brake light.

You will have to wire up a ground wire to the frame or another good grounding location also.

Best of luck to you on your project, it is looking very good.

Bondo
Found it! Wow, they really hid that well. It was tucked behind a wiring harness, behind a plastic cover. Including the 3/4" black cap, I'd say there's about 1" of wire there. I guess I'll carefully remove the cap instead of snipping it off, so I have something to work with

What do you think of my rounded tail, Bondo? I'm trying to keep the airflow attached to 18" behind the truck. I will make a rounded section to fit beneath the tail, so guide and smooth out the airflow coming up from beneath -since we all know turbulent air is a bad thing.

My luan laying went fairly well. On the one side, I applied it in 3" strips and it took the compound curve very well. On the other side I got brave and put it on as one piece. Not so good. I'll take it off tomorrow and make another piece in 3" strips, and start bondoing... Is bondoing a word? I also need to put a couple of guide strips under the top of the tail piece. It has tried to dip down and I suspect it will cause the air to break away right there.