View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #26 (permalink)
dohcsvt
EcoModding Lurker

Rodney - '00 Plymouth Neon Base
90 day: 33.05 mpg (US)

Tojo - '99 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 34.99 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD~ View Post
^^ Sorry for the delayed response...

There is a wire that goes from the computer to the ASD relay... that computer controls the ground. I can't remember the wire colors off the top of my head, not even sure if those same colors are on the 2nd gen neons (probably are). I'll have to go out and look and see what one I tapped into...

anyways, the way I found that and tapped it, is I actually torn apart my wiring harness from the ECU all the way back to under the fuse/relay box under the hook. I took the back of that box off and made sure of the wire. From there, you can cut the wire anywhere and connect your switch wiring. As long as the switch allows connection, it will act like it always has. When the switch is pressed, the relay "thinks" the car's computer told it to stop giving spark and fuel, shutting the engine off, which ultimately tells the computer to stop giving the ground to the relay, hence "killing" the engine.

I'll see if I can't find what wire that was for ya.
Thanks for the response. I am going to splice the wire back together from the ignition switch and tap into the ASD wiring. I like the idea better, and then I will not lose my dash!
Goal is 47 MPG