View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
88FieroGT
EcoModding Lurker

Well finish some basic drafting of the configuration just the major internals that are being changed.

Boxer 4 engine configuration cylinders perfectly aligned with one another , everything should perfectly cancel as far as order harmonics go. futher design details ill have to get into is sufficient oiling , stress , wear...

constant 90 degree vector force applied on the crankshaft ALOT simpler than other designs I have stumbled across online which compared to those is ridiculous how they are so complicated and so different than current engine technologies... Mine should be easily able to transition or be implemented with current engine technology even if a new block has to be recast old design parts can be used, all that is needed is sorting out besides what I mentioned is the one way clutch which is exterior mounted which I will run accessories off of around the circumference edge along with valve train if i dont do a pushrod , actuator driven cam , or 2 stroke direct injection design leaning toward two stroke but without direct injection just for the prototype for simplicity if possible. Front face plate is how rest of drivetrain will be bolted to the engine unless I determine another way of making the clutch easier to be replaced depending on its cycle life and trade off.