View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 04:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Greenblazer
Certified Freak

Greenblazer's Taco - '07 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab SR5 V6 4.0Liter
90 day: 24.54 mpg (US)
Sick Of High Gas Prices?

Hey Ya'll,

Years ago I read a book called The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer. One interesting thing I learned is the following that was paste/copied from the authors myspace page:

"We hereby extend our $100,000 challenge to prove us wrong!

If all fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction, were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the greenhouse effect and stop deforestation; then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles; meet all of the world's transportation, industrial and home energy needs, while simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time... and that substance is the same one that has done it before . . . CANNABIS/HEMP/MARIJUANA!"

Jack Herer, Author of the "The Emperor Wears No Clothes"

www.jackherer.com/

http://www.myspace.com/hempjack

So I am inspired to post about it, even though I expect the nay sayers to be very loud and vocal against this post, when instead the people in this country should be pissed off and raising hell squwaking in support of it.

The thing that I don't understand is why no one is talking about the fact that we do not need petroleum, we could grow all of our energy, except for one thing. The plant that could provide all of our energy is illegal. The fact that we can make anything that is currently made from petroleum oil from HEMP. By the way corn is not even close competition for hemp.

If you were to study the issue like I have you too would be convinced that Marijuana Prohibition is not because it is a dangerous drug(it's not), but it is illegal to protect the profits of the oil companies, and the pharmeceutical companies, among others. By making industrial hemp legal, which several States have done, but the feds continue to block, we could save family farms, and redistribute the wealth, and we would no longer need to fight wars in the middle east for oil.

This is the United States Of America, and according to our constitution the States have the rights to govern, and the Feds are not supposed to supercede the states rights, yet when it comes to protecting the big companies from competing with hemp the feds get away with violating the states rights, why are the so called patriots in this country so angry when people like me protest the unconstitutional actions of our federal government?

There is something fishy going on in this country, and I salute the true patriots that protest against the crimes that are being perpetrated by our federal government.

I don't care what political side of the smoke and mirror show you are on, but there is something not right, and if you knew the truth you too would be against marijuana prohibition.

Remember that red all above? It refers to the fact that all of our energy needs can be derived from industrial hemp. Yes all of our energy needs. This means we don't need nuclear power, or oil from Alaska, or the middle east.

An interesting side note is that industrial hemp would interfere with the production of quality smokable marijuana, meaning that it would not help people smoke pot if hemp were legal. Pot smokers are the excuse to keep hemp from being developed into the huge industry that could turn our crap economy around.

If you have something negative to say, and you have not read the book, or done the research that was done by the author then you do not have a valid argument in my opinion. If you can prove the author wrong he has $100,000.00 for you, so far as I know no one has even tried to prove him wrong.

If you don't like the way you are being raped at the gas pump, remember to keep this in mind when you vote, and when you write your representatives. Once they realize that the general population knows that hemp has the potential to totally change our economy for the better, then they will be in fear for their jobs, and we could see a change for the better.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer