Thread: Personal Best
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Bear32LB
EcoModding Lurker

Tungsten - '04 Dodge Dakota Sport
90 day: 20.52 mpg (US)
Well I live in Union county and work in Rockford. I have two routes that are the same 40-41 miles. In the morning I usually go down through Halls, Emory Road to I40 then it's interstate to Alcoa highway. If I don't need to go into Halls after work I take the interstate to Rutledge Pike and take it up to Blaine then cut over to Maynardville.

Since I have started monitoring my mileage more rigorously with Torque the last two weeks I have noticed better mileage on my way home. I just haven't figured out if it's the weather, which I suspect, or the route. As you know, it's 30° one morning 40-45° the next. I have gone the Rutledge Pike route some this week in the morning and the mileage was better one morning and the same the next. It was about 10° warmer one morning though.

Traffic is the same either route at 530am, better Rutledge Pike in the evening. I think that the temperature is my biggest variable effecting mileage. I think a grill block and/or WAI would help a lot. This week with the warmer temps I am getting better mileage per Torque.