View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
primemover
EcoModding Lurker

bestclimb: good to know I'll have to do some data logging on the manifold pressure along side timing advance. I've wondered about the condition of my valves, which could raise intake manifold a bit, not enough to bring open loop as early as it is coming, or so I would imagine. What's pressure do you read at idle?

I did a strut bottom lift. You can't clear tires this size with the usual strut spacers as they'll hit the spring perch. I've seen a few guys do it but not many. It was cheap and its held up well, but it requires running 20mm(maybe 15) wheel spacers up front, which mucks up the steering geometry a bit, plus I haven't gotten the rear sway bar hooked back up so it understeers like a pig. If i had it to do over I might try to combine some coilovers ( for spring perch clearance) with some strut spacers, since it would be less detrimental to the handling not to mention the wheel bearings. plus I'd go a little smaller on the tires so as to reduce the amount I had to bash in the firewall.