View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #63 (permalink)
hunkybizkit
Motorcycle Rider

Thumper - '08 Yamaha XT250X none
90 day: 79 mpg (US)
i dont buy the greenhouse gasses argument at all...
i dont "believe in" global warming....
i think it's vain of us humans to think we are warming the planet. if you remember your science classes, north america was covered with glaciers at one point. essentially the ice cap extended down as far as north carolina. the ice cap receeded waaaaaay before cars were ever invented.
not only that, there are oil fields under the arctic lands, meaning that there was vegetation there at one point!!!!! crude oil was created by fossilized vegitation eons ago.
so at one time in history the arctic was GREEN. not only that saudi arabia was GREEN at one point also.
that's my scientific opinion. i'm totally for less pollution however. i feel it's ethical to take care of what has been given to us.
i also believe in god, and that he expects us to take care of what we have been granted stewardship over... this includes our homes, our wives/husbands, our families, our moms/dads, our belongings, our land, our planet.
as far as animals... i do not subscribe to the religions that idolize, worship, or otherwise put animals on a pedestal. however, i do feel that as stewards of the animals placed on the earth, that we should be responsible toward them.
eating meat in the 1600's in this country was necessary to survive. meat has 5 times the calories per ounce that vegetables have. it helped people survive.
i feel in our time and day, we eat too much meat. it's irresponsible and we are suffering the consequences of our irresponsibility... health problems.
you reap what you sow, is what i'm saying. if you behave irresponsibly you will suffer consequences eventually. (that's straight out of the bible... "be not deceived, god cannot be mocked, as a man sows, so shall he reap")
therefore although i dont believe it's unethical to eat animals, nor do i beleive the global warming theories, i do feel that consuming the amount of meat our society consumes is irresponsible, as is polluting our environment carelessly.