Go Back   EcoModder Forum > AltModding > Saving@Home
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #61 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

White 07 Civic - '07 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 38.87 mpg (US)
Quote:
I eat whatever my saintly wife makes.
I hear that.

I would like to add that Suicide is the greenest solution.

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #62 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The Hulk - '96 Ford Aspire Base
90 day: 51.64 mpg (US)

Black Hole - '06 Kia Rio LX
90 day: 39.16 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to steensn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
If cattle are extinct in the wild then, oh well. I'm not crying over the buffalo either...the current ecosystem may not like certain animals, and that's tough for them, I guess,
Well... I guess that works too, lol. Not going to change how you feel on that one!

2006 Kia Rio

1996 Ford Aspire
Old 06-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #63 (permalink)
Motorcycle Rider

Thumper - '08 Yamaha XT250X none
90 day: 79 mpg (US)
i dont buy the greenhouse gasses argument at all...
i dont "believe in" global warming....
i think it's vain of us humans to think we are warming the planet. if you remember your science classes, north america was covered with glaciers at one point. essentially the ice cap extended down as far as north carolina. the ice cap receeded waaaaaay before cars were ever invented.
not only that, there are oil fields under the arctic lands, meaning that there was vegetation there at one point!!!!! crude oil was created by fossilized vegitation eons ago.
so at one time in history the arctic was GREEN. not only that saudi arabia was GREEN at one point also.
that's my scientific opinion. i'm totally for less pollution however. i feel it's ethical to take care of what has been given to us.
i also believe in god, and that he expects us to take care of what we have been granted stewardship over... this includes our homes, our wives/husbands, our families, our moms/dads, our belongings, our land, our planet.
as far as animals... i do not subscribe to the religions that idolize, worship, or otherwise put animals on a pedestal. however, i do feel that as stewards of the animals placed on the earth, that we should be responsible toward them.
eating meat in the 1600's in this country was necessary to survive. meat has 5 times the calories per ounce that vegetables have. it helped people survive.
i feel in our time and day, we eat too much meat. it's irresponsible and we are suffering the consequences of our irresponsibility... health problems.
you reap what you sow, is what i'm saying. if you behave irresponsibly you will suffer consequences eventually. (that's straight out of the bible... "be not deceived, god cannot be mocked, as a man sows, so shall he reap")
therefore although i dont believe it's unethical to eat animals, nor do i beleive the global warming theories, i do feel that consuming the amount of meat our society consumes is irresponsible, as is polluting our environment carelessly.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #64 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Let's not get into a global warming argument now...that's as fruitless as can be.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #65 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Let's not get into a global warming argument now...that's as fruitless as can be.
Have to agree with that.. This forum is a civil place, we would all lose out if it became like Fark.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #66 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Or just the internet, that crazy place.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:37 AM   #67 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

<crazy>Modern weather changes are obviously a result of rapid polar shifts.</crazy>

Reply  Post New Thread