View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #145 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greif View Post
My wife would have....
Hey! I washed the tub out really good when I was done!

Seriously though, it's freezing cold outside, and where else would I do this!? I was lucky the other day that we had good weather and it got above freezing when I hosed off the main battery pack. (I have a frost-proof spigot, so I don't have to turn off my outside water for the winter. If it's above freezing for a day, I can use it.)

At this point, it looks like I'll be parting the car out. It would be MAJOR work to get it running as original. (Although it would make a sleeper if converted to DC electric with a monster series-wound motor!)

I'm hoping that some of the lithium cells are salvagable for other projects. This appears to be the correct info on the cells themselves.
Lithium Energy Japan | Products Information

Here's a link to a PDF technical paper on the cells. http://www.gs-yuasa.com/us/technic/vol5/pdf/05_1_021.pdf

On another weird note...
Somebody joked about "At least you can collect the Federal Tax Credit!" Which I immediately brushed off, but hey wait... Why couldn't I claim the EV Tax Credit?

Here's the United States 2012 tax info:
www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf
http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Plug-I...30-and-IRC-30D)

Assuming it stays the same for the 2013, that's worth a $2500 tax credit, right? Any accountants or lawyers here who want to read through that form for me?

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos