View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #135 (permalink)
Curtis in Texas
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
...don't leave it running at the intersection... dont' have that problem.
That would eat up a battery's charge real quick! Mine takes a lot of amps to get it the little diesel engine going! It's good for about a two dozen starts before it starts to show the strain. (Remember it doesn't have the best charging system on it!)
A dozen stop lights would mean having to stop every so often to recharge the starting battery! Or require two batteries!
Besides, having it futt futt at the lights is half the fun as you see people look and point at the funny sounding motorcycle!

I stopped for fuel once in my little town and saw a guy run away from the pumps and into the station and tell the Clerk some crazy guy on a motorcycle had screwed up and was filling it with diesel fuel. They both ran out the door and pointed at me as I fired it up and drove off. I could tell they were waiting for it to die right there in front of them. But we just smoked away and waved! It was obvious what they were talking about!

After all, who in their right mind, in that small little Texas town, would ride a diesel powered motorcycle!

Last edited by Curtis in Texas; 02-24-2013 at 07:15 PM..