View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #98 (permalink)
orangustang
Saturn Freak

Freddy - '95 Saturn SL2
Team Saturn
90 day: 34.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie771 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I am using IE, not that I can't install another browser; I have been using it my whole life and have not felt up for the frustration of learning a new browser.

I do have GIMP, but I suck at it lol. So I just use the transparet selection feature in Paint. That is how I did the top view image. I could do the same with the side view image as well in a matter of minutes, but is it really necessary to make the template the foreground? If so, why?
Thanks for confirming it's an IE issue. Different browsers don't behave much differently in terms of user interface. From a coding standpoint, though, the differences can be a real headache. My dad's the same way about not wanting to switch from IE. To each his own.

I guess it's not really necessary to have the template in the foreground. It's just nice to be able to see the whole profile of the ideal shape. Not that there's much most modders are willing/able to do when part of the car does extend beyond the template.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie771 View Post
Modified the template a bit to get that choppy-ness out of the white background. Also made the lines a bit more bold and changed the numbering so they are more visible. If you want to use this version instead here it is. If not, no big deal, I needed it this way for myself so it's not like I went out of my way doing it. Only takes a minute to throw it in the thread

It was pretty hard to read the #º's so they may be incorrect, but I think I got them right.

I'm not really sure if that labeling is correct or not. The numbers along the bottom don't have a unit in the original, for instance. I'll look into it more when I have more time. If anyone else knows for sure, please weigh in.