View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
eh.ohKate
EcoModding Lurker

2012 Honda CR-Z - '12 Honda CR-Z EX
90 day: 45.25 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to eh.ohKate
Hey Xist, any chance that when your network drops off you still see other networks in the area? If it's only your wireless network missing from your list of available connects then it's going to be something to do with your router, modem, or connection. But if no connections are available or it says your wireless card is disabled it's your computer. It sounds like your computer is turning off your wireless card for you, which if that is the case:

If you have XP right click my computer go to properties, select the hardware tab and go to device manager. If you have Vista/7 right click computer go to properties then device manager should be on the left side. If you have 8... I'm sorry for your loss.

In the device manager go to network adapters, you should see your wireless card and probably the ethernet controller as well. Right click on the wireless card go to properties then power management. Make sure "allow the computer to turn off this device" is unchecked. Back when Vista was brand new I had a friend who had that issue in a new high end gaming laptop after the battery got low. We charged it to full, played wit every setting and I even swapped his wifi card and it still didn't work. I was baffled until I found this option, it really is a silly thing to have enabled as default.

Hope that helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to eh.ohKate For This Useful Post:
Xist (03-02-2013)