View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cobb
Master EcoModder

sheepdog, it works on the back end vs the front end. On top of the ima pack is the braker to switch it off and on by the user or a good head on accident.

Next to the braker is 4 terminals that are connected to the batteries and give you full voltage. The Enginer kit taps 2 of the 4 to charge or supplement the battery for the IMA system to use.

Kate, If you do not need the fog or driving lamps a better alternative maybe to just pull that fuse. Everything in the honda seems laid out pretty well without causing other problems.

For a while I had disconnected the power steering, that gave me 2 mo mpg.

The best way to use the hvac is to use the blower speed to manage temperature. For example in the summer set the temp to lo and vary the blower for more or less cool air.

In the winter set the heat for 1 degree below the max temp. In the insight its 85 degrees. Then use the blower speed for more or less heat. In the off position heat will blow from the vents at highway speeds.

Although the blue cold engine light turns off at 127 degrees F, the real heat doesnt come til the t stat starts to open at 160-180 degrees.

Yeah, you can lower the crz a few with no problems. My only problem with my insight is hitting the track at the local car wash. I got the tanabe df springs. I thought the crz was to bouncy to be classified a sports car.