View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Hybrid View Post
Attempts to reinvent how we power personal transportation as the age of oil wains have time and again run into the brickwall of the fossil infrastructure that already exists. ~ for instance, even though pure BEV are perfectly useful today for over two-third of all journeys the average driver won't be even considering them as a second car.
- The thing I like the look of for this methanol tech is the infrastructure adjustments appear to be far easier, whilst issues like range anxiety and 'charging time' are sidestepped.

The methanol should not be produced from any fossil source ideally, that's a given. But realistically we need a way to give momentum to newer to technologies (momentum that hydrogen will never gain IMO [and for good reasons]), but personally I'd rather water that we can't be spared (in an ideal world) was used for turning a relatively low carbon fuel like NatGas into an efficient, workable road fuel than have fresh water [and NatGas!] consumed in, say, upgrading tar-sands; continuing business-as-usual!
I am not sure you are considering biodiesel.